2008年3月7日 星期五

For one more day

"For One More Day" by Mitch Albom is the novel I read recently. What will you do if you can spend one more day with your beloved dead parents or friends. This is a quite interesting question, I think. Absence makes heart grow fonder. Once your beloved one is gone, you start to feel regret and wish to find something in the memory. This theory doesn't apply to me originally. However, after my grandmother died two years ago, though I didn't like her much, I began to feel sorry for my cold attitude to her. She often scolded me for not greeting her and other elders. I, as a teenager at that time, didn't think that much and just ignored what she said. Years after that, I heard my father talk about his mother and he told me that her scolding was the purpose to train me as a child with courtesy. At that time, I realize how much I misunderstand her behavior. However, she was no longer with me. Cherish what you're having now and don't feel regret once you lose it.

1 則留言:

Fiona 提到...

Wow, i've never heard about it between you and your grandma. And I must say that it 's pity you didn't get along very well, but it's a very common thing among people that you feel regret and sorry afterwards because we seldom think of others, instead, we care ourselves more cuz human beings are naturally self-centered, don't you agree?