2008年3月28日 星期五

The speech of the game theory

1Last Thursday, March 20, I went to the library to attend the speech give by,Reinhard Selten, the Nobel Prize winner of economics in 1994. I have studied economics in my five-year college, which is the period I discovered my interest in business. Before went to the speech, I reviewed the game theory. It allows me to have some background knowledge about it. At the very day, there were a lot of people wanted to listen to the speech. Being a little bit late, I sit in the back row. At first, I had hard time listening and understanding what Dr. Selten said because of the distance between us and his accent. After some couple of time, I got familiar with the accent and could well-understand the content. Speculated the whole speech, the content was what I had learned already. Dr. Selten only used some simple example to explain the theory. What impressed me the most is the reaction of Dr. Selten when one student asked him about the connection between the issue in Tibet and the game theory. Frankly speaking, I think what the student asked is really nonsense, but Dr. Selten still responded to his question well and honestly confessed that he is not an expert in politic. Though the content of the speech is somewhat similar to what I had learned, it is still a helpful experienc

1 則留言:

Fiona 提到...

Game theory sounds interesting but it's never gonna be an easy task if we take a test. For some math geeks who craves for the change in numbers, this is definitely a wonderful dish! So, a speech would be enough for non-majors, nice try ! Cheerio