2008年1月10日 星期四
University Life!!
Everybody must experience university life once in his/her life. University life is diverse and interesting. My most recent school is a small size college of languages. Resource and facility are very limited. Since the campus new construction is in progress, the space students can use is even smaller. Therefore, the abundant resource and great facility in Stanford attract me a lot. Last year, the students who took the course English Composition (2) were required to write a research paper. I decided to write the topic about allergic rhinitis because my family all have this problem. When searching for books and magazines related to allergic rhinitis, I encountered a big problem. The books related to medical science were few. My first idea was to abandon this topic and think a new one. However, because of inclination of interests I had, I decided to keep my original topic. I went to every public library in my city and I finally found some useful information, but some of the documents were written in Chinese. I had to translate and paraphrase the data myself. It was really a big pain. On the other hand, the library of NCHU owned a great number of books. The facilities in library and abundant books attracted me a lot. The resources allow students to learn more easily and efficiently. Moreover, reading books and magazines are good methods to renew ourselves and keep growing. Good library could provide people motivations to read because it is free and convenient.
訂閱:
張貼留言 (Atom)
沒有留言:
張貼留言