2007年10月26日 星期五

Program review

Yesterday, I saw a program in Discovery Channel about the prospering industry in India. To me, I also have some interest in business. However, I can’t see the bright future of Taiwan as India’s.

Business is an indispensable part to Taiwan. As a small island, Taiwan owns limited natural resource. In order to keep living, exchanging goods with other countries is very important. My interest in business blossomed in my junior high school year. It was the time when my father worked in an international trading company. My father with his experience in the business company encouraged me to read some books and magazines related to business. He told me that business has great power. It had the strength to influence the worldwide economy. Because of my father’s remark, I started to take business courses when I was in high school and I found out business was really interesting despite the tough report. Therefore, I decided to engage in jobs related to business.

I discover that Taiwan is a place where a lot of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) locate. The workers in Taiwan have excellent techniques and some worldwide famous companies such as IBM and Panasonic used to set OEM factories here. However, because of the fast economy growth and low worker salary in People's Republic of China, a lot of companies decide to move their factories to China due to the considerations of capital and profit. Demand for workers decreases gradually. As the result, some people have to go to China or even move to there in order to maintain their jobs. However, since Taiwan's workers own such good techniques, why not create our own brand and manufacture goods by ourselves.

沒有留言: