2007年10月19日 星期五

Reunion

Last week, I went back to Kaohsiung, for the weather was getting colder and I had to pack some clothes. Surprisingly, my family got a reunion far away in Taitung

My uncle had a serious illness last year, but, with the operation done, he was getting better and better now. Since having to go back and forth to the hospital for subsequent consultation every week, he didn’t have much leisure time. About a couple of months ago, doctor announced that he could go to the hospital once a month now. For that reason, he could do his favorite thing like fishing and sightseeing in the east part of Taiwan. Last Saturday, he invited my father and mother to go to the Chung Kung Port of Taitung. On that day, they took the road early in the morning and we set out at about nine. Though the road is winding, the beauty and marvelous scene are really worth seeing. We arrived at about noon and amazed to find that my aunt and my oldest cousin were there. My aunt lives in Pingtung. She rarely go to another county for her husband being a busy teacher. He never had the time to take her out. Therefore, she was really excited and bought a lot of fish she liked there. More than that, I had not seen my oldest cousin since the last reunion we had in Chinese New Year. He works in Hsinchu Science Park. I have heard that people working there had a lot of pressure. However, it seems he doesn’t have that kind of problem. For the moment I saw him last Saturday, I thought he must have grown another ten kilograms. However, the most important thing is that he likes his job and enjoys it a lot. After that, we had a great feast and talked about what we have been lately.

This year is the first year that I go to another city for education. Meeting every family member seems so normal to me before. However, when I have been here in Taichung for about a month, I really know what the homesickness others talk about. I’ll treasure my family more and cherish the time being with the

沒有留言: