2008年5月5日 星期一

Reflection to globalization

In order to prepare for the midterm exam for oral, I have read many articles and magazines about the phenomenon of globalization. After reading all the materials, if you ask me whether globalization is good or bad, I would say that it is really hard to decide. Globalization helps the commodity worldwide to be exchanged, promotes the economy growth, and allows us to receive more information through E-mail and World Wide Web. Though it has so many benefits on the general public, in my opinion, I still feel that the drawbacks would be much larger than the benefit. Though the economy growth in the developing countries makes a huge increase, its environment is seriously damaged. The developed countries often set the manufacturing factories in the developing countries because of the cheap labor and land. The waste produced will seriously destroy the environment. Once the environment is destroyed, it would be hard to restore. Also, as I mentioned before that E-mail and World Wide Web allows us to get information around the world quickly. Internet allows us to learn no matter where we are. Someone says that it will help mitigate the gap between the rich and poor. However, I think the gap between rich and poor becomes even wider than ever. In the developing countries, there is little access to Internet. For example, in Africa, there is only one person out of a thousand who has ever used Internet and, in south-east, it is one out of five. For these countries, which are eager to progress, there is no tool for them to use. Therefore, the problem remains and the gap becomes even larger. It is time for us to contrive a solution to deal with the problem as a whole.

沒有留言: